Lahore City Heritage Museum was known as Tollinton Market is situated at the Mall. It was built in 1864 as the First Punjab Exhibition Hall and later used as market place known asTollinton Market.It was specifically designed to project the arts and crafts of the locals. The building was constructed hastily to display the vast number of exhibits which had been received from all over the province.
The first Exhibition of Arts and Industry was inaugurated by Lieut. Governor Robert Montgomery on January 20, 1864. The facade was designed to express the wooden structure of the building consisting of posts and a sloping roof fabricated with wooden trusses, while internally brick walls were used to support the trusses.
During 1894, the building was handed over to Lahore Municipal Committee. In the 1920s the building was remodeled as a market by the famous municipality engineer, Rai Bahadur Sir Ganga Ram, and became known as Tollinton Market, after H.P. Tollinton, Secretary Punjab Government. For decades, it served the city as a market, accommodating small stalls stocking a variety of daily provisions. It has been recently restored and taken under Lahore Museum as “Lahore City Heritage Museum”